cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National TV Outage

ModTeam

Hello all

We have been made aware of a National outage affecting Live TV, On demand, and TV GO.

This has been raised under F009492617. 

Our support teams are working to have this restored ASAP.

Update: 1:10pm

• BBC1, BB2, ITV, and Channel 4 services have been restored nationally

Update: 3:30pm

• We're still working to restore the channels, you may lose access to BBC1, BBC2, ITV, and Channel 4 whilst we perform some patching work. After this work is done we'll start to bring groups of channels back online in clusters.
  • We're providing further updates on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/outage

Update: 8:00pm

• We’re continuing to restore TV channels with many now back up. To watch the Premier League games, go to channel 205 or click here

Update: 3rd Dec 09:00am 

We've restored most services but we're still working to restore the following channels

• 209 Crime and investigation HD- Fault slate
  • 228 Ultra HD ----no service …black screen
  • 757 The Jewellery Channel (TJC)  ---fault slate
  • 810 Zee Cinema HD ---fault slate
  • 829 NDTV Good times ---fault slate
  • 983 Pure babes ---fault slate  (customers who purchase this PPN channel will see the fault slate)
  • 416 TCM HD  --fault slate

Update: 3rd Dec 10:45am 

We've now restored all channels with the exception of:

• 416 TCM HD  --fault slate
    • 757 The Jewellery Channel (TJC)  ---fault slate

Update: 3rd Dec 1:08pm

• All channels now restored but intermittent issues across VOD and Catch Up services ongoing

Update: 4th Dec 8:45am

• All channels now restored, VOD and Catch Up restored. Provisioning of new set top boxes ongoing

Regards

ModTeam

66 REPLIES 66

KirstenB78
Joining in

Can't get through on phone!!! No **bleep** help what's so ever can't report the problem!!! 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The entire TV service is down nationally at the moment.

Staff are aware of this & there should be a response shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AnjelicDevil
Tuning in

Hi, 

Not cleared here. After rebooting the time box I have now got a S102 error code.

What's going on please? Tried to phone but got the message that all the lines are busy.

grahamehedges
Tuning in

I'm getting no TV channels and error code s102. It says to telephone but they are not talking. Either engaged or they cut you off. 

Is anyone from VM taking responsibility?

Trebor119
Joining in

There's been too many problems with Virgin Media, of late, this latest one, does this entitle me to cancel my contract? 

bikerrich
Joining in

Hi, is VM down as I cant get any channels and it says unable to acquire channels, also cant get through on the phone

Helenq26
Tuning in

Hi are there any explanations as to why we have no tv and why we can't get hold of virgin via fb phone or email 

We are same in Irvine North Ayrshire Scotland. So frustrating not getting through on phone to find out what is happening.

Also getting C133 code. 

Also cannot login to my virgin media. 

Get back this site cannot be reached. 

Can run speed test to Virgin server in Manchester.

Lines busy because thousands calling to find out about C133 error