cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW TV REMOTE FOR MY 86 YR OLD MOTHER

KCMC
Joining in

My 86 year old mother, deaf and not very mobile, needs a new TV box remote as the previous one is broken. The TV is one of her only forms of entertainment so getting a new one is of paramount importance but it seems to be impossible with your company!! she does remember her password, hardly a surprise for an old lady, and numerous calls to 0345454111 seem pointless and make me think she should just move everything elsewhere if this can not be sorted immediately. I have her account number, area ref, DOB, her permission to speak, everything but still no one wants to just sort it. I notice you have a horrendous review rating on Trustpilot and i can understand why if such simple things are so difficult to sort!!

Can you please prove them wrong and just sort this,

Warm regards,

Kevin 

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @KCMC and I'm sorry to hear of the issues when trying to order a new remote control for your Mother.

Sadly we would have to advise that the ordering of a new remote control would be an action that requires data protection to be passed on the account, and when on the phone, you would need to be able to offer random characters that the system prompts the agent to take from caller.

If you were calling our team as the account holder, or had a power of attorney for the account holder, secondary methods for data protection to be passed could then be explored.

However, as we are working via our Community Forums, there is protocol we need to follow to adhere to data protection, that may be better suited to this scenario.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn