Menu
D-KENNY
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

NETFLIX ISSUE

I have only joined the community today after having problems with Virgin and Netflix - I can see other people have had the same problem.   Just like them after about 30 mins of watching nextflix the circle of death comes up goes to 25% and then that it is - we cannot get it back on for love nor money.  Usually we have to wait upto 24 hours.  I have called Virgin about this a couple of times but they just say they are resetting the wifi but this has not resolved this issue.    How can I get this sorted - our family who are not with Virgin are not having this issue with Nextflix  - is the only way to  solve to move to a different provider ?   I have been with Virgin for some years now but feel they are not now providing the service which I am paying for !   Please help 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: NETFLIX ISSUE

Hi you have hit the nail on the head the old TiVo box is not capable of delivering Netflix YouTube etc, ether upgrade to a V6 or access it via a smart TV or a Bluray player.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting for getting in contact D-Kenny and a big welcome to the Virgin Media community forums.

Would you be OK for us to looking into this in more detail? It could be a problem with your set top box, to look into your account, we can do this via online chat? 

You should see a button generate to start the chat with our team, please click this and the team will be able to look into your account.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Jadis0720
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly same problem and it also keeps cutting out at least 4 times during a 45 minute programme and has to be reset which takes several minutes.  I have contacted Virgin many times over this issue and they say they have sent signals to my box however it is still doing it and they can find nothing wrong with box.  If it is not resolved very soon I will be closing virgin account.  what else can I do ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this Jadis0720.

Would you be able to confirm some details on a private message? We can then access your account and look further into the problems you're having.

A purple icon should appear on the right hand side of your screen, please click that to reply to the private message.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
marcusfordus
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have we gotten to the route of this problem yet ?

I'm into my second month of stalling/not playing Netflix. When all I use a Tivo box for is watching Netflix it becomes pointless paying for it.

All the Netflix servers are green ticked on their fault page but the connection speed says 0mbps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry marcusfordus, there is no route cause to the problem at the moment. We are having  to look at each problem on an individual basis at the moment.

Would you be able to give us a few details via a private message to enable us to access your account and get the problem looked into.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a purple envelope on the right hand side of your screen. Please click this icon and we can look into your issue further.

Thanks

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
marcusfordus
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All my issues were caused by the old large tivo box.

An engineer came, swapped it for the new small version and it works great.

Its twice as fast and twice as clear.

It proves what everyone said on the forums, that the older version just cannot run Netflix anymore.

I just wish Virgin had been more honest and told us straight "You need the newer box"

Two months less phone calls to get it sorted !

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi you have also hit the nail on the head, virgin are never going to admit that the older TiVo boxes are not up to it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos