Menu
UltOomph500
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

N27 error code - connection problems

I seem to be constantly having connection issues in my bedrooms tivo which is my second box. Having to always reset the tivo only for the same thing to happen again and again. 

Virgin, can you help identify the problem?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: N27 error code - connection problems

Sounds like you could potentially have a duff box on your hands. The TiVo's internet connection is inbuilt, if it's constantly dropping and needing a reset, something's not right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

UltOomph500
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. How might  i get virgin to replace it without dedicating my life to chasing them? Hoping for an easy method 🙂

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You have 2 options:

1: Call 150 from a VM landline (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone), follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and wait for an agent. Probably the quickest.

2: Wait on here (maybe a few days) for VM staff to pick up the thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

UltOomph500
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the response. Will give it a go

0 Kudos
UltOomph500
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still having issues, been using an Ethernet cable plugged into a Wi-Fi hotspot box I have which is very inconvenient as the hotspot only lasts a few hours before the battery dies. I think I need a new virgin box!

Having tried 4 times to call this morning, I just keep going round in circles eventually for the recorded message to hang up. The message keeps trying to send me to a fault page online which is incredibly frustrating. 

Can someone from virgin help me to get my box replaced? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure your other box is a TiVo? Check here - the TiVo can accept an Ethernet connection, but it's only for linking multiple boxes together, not for an internet connection. If you're getting an internet connection over an Ethernet cable, you've got a V6 and there's a couple of other things you can try 😉

In terms of how to log faults..

You can try the text message service (07533 051809) which might take 2-3 days or so. VM staff respond on here, but the current turnaround time is around a week.

Or keep trying to call. You have my sympathies, but there's no other answer.

UltOomph500
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much - its definitely a V6 box - I will try the text number and other options.

I am happy to wait a little as long as it gets reviewed and someone contacts me, I just don’t like it going no where. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@UltOomph500 wrote:

Thanks very much - its definitely a V6 box - I will try the text number and other options.

Suspected as much 🙂

The V6 connects to your homehub by either (Ideally) Ethernet or WiFi. If you're having connection issues, then it may be worth trying an alternative method, at least in the short term.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, look in the top-right, what is reported? Do you get a reasonable WiFi signal from your homehub in the location your V6 lives?

0 Kudos
UltOomph500
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Signal is ‘none’ but it shouldn’t be. My wife uses the same room to work in using Wi-Fi , 1meter away from the v6 box and our wifi signal in that room for all devices is excellent.

Using an Ethernet from the router is not practical I’m afraid due to the wiring but I did use a hotspot with Ethernet that worked.
0 Kudos