cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My shows/ Distorted

HHHTTT
Joining in

Live TV… no problem. Recorded shows totally distorted and unwatchable. 

please help Virgin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case you have hard drive problems, which can't be repaired and are only likely to get worse.

Either wait here (might be a couple of days, don't bump the post as it has the opposite effect) for staff to respond, or call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about if you pause live TV and watch a programme slightly delayed? That's effectively a recording and uses your TiVo's hard drive in the same way.

If that's also a problem, your box has a failing hard drive and will need replacing.

You can either call in to report faults (150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone), or wait on here (might be a few days) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks, yes, tried that. Its exactly the same… like it’s recorded the distortion. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case you have hard drive problems, which can't be repaired and are only likely to get worse.

Either wait here (might be a couple of days, don't bump the post as it has the opposite effect) for staff to respond, or call in.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HHHTTT

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the distorted picture issues you are experiencing when you watch recorded shows. I would like to book an engineer visit for you, the engineer will be able to replace your TV box if it is found to be faulty. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena