Menu
malw73
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moving

Hi, 

we've sold our house and been with virgin media for years, the new house doesn't have virgin media. it is available on our new street.

virgin media want at least 30 days notice to as they say" get the ball rolling" but most people who sell and buy are tied into a chain and have a very short notice period to move about 1-2 weeks notice?

this means i will be with out TV Phone and Broadband for 2 weeks!!

is there an easier way? shall a cancel and go with sky as they say they can set up in 2 weeks, plus the new house has sky already?

thanks for your advice

mike

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving

You can give less than 30 days physical notice when you're moving, however you would still be charged the equivalent of the full 30 days on your final bill, as that's the notice period within the terms and conditions of your contract.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi malw73,

I'm a little confused as to what you're looking to do.

Is your new house cabled? Are you looking to cancel an account?

30 days notice is required as per our T&Cs.

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
malw73
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi Ben

my new house that I'm in the process of buying is not cabled.

my point is :- virgin say they need 30 days notice from me to give them my new address. (which I understand) but I'm only able to give them a week or two's notice. 

N/B obviously when you sell your home and buy another home you need to exchange contracts, you only get roughly 1 weeks notice from your solicitor.

So I'll be without virgin media for 3 weeks

Thanks 

mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi malw73,

If you are cancelling your services at your current address and not taking out services at your new address, we do take 30days notice period for the cancellation. This is just like a cancellation for any other reason. If you have a rough date as to when your move in date may be, we can use this as the disconnection date, if this changes, we can change your disconnection date if you are moving after the initial date you gave us, however, we wouldn't be able to bring this forward as per our terms and conditions, we do require 30days notice to cancel the service.

Hope this clarifies things for you, if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
malw73
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey 

That clears my dilemma up.

Thanks very much 

Kind regards