Menu
Bexydee504
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving tv to another room

We have virgin installed but it is in the back room and we would like it moving to the front room. How much would this cost to do please?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving tv to another room

No fault call out is £99 to move your VM installation. Describe in more detail your installation, eg where is your Hub, is that in the same room; what TV box do you have V6? Because there may be another solution

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Bexydee504
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The hub is in the same room (back room) and we have a standard TiVo box. I think £99 is a bit steep really as surely it's just the same as a normal installation but they dont have to set everything up?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is what it is.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Bexydee504 wrote:

...I think £99 is a bit steep really as surely it's just the same as a normal installation but they dont have to set everything up?...

It’s not the same as a normal installation as you would be additionally paying VM for a new service contract. You are paying for up to 2 hours of a techs time for something that is not a VM fault. As it requires the correct type of cable/connectors, plus access to the street cabinet to rebalance your levels there is no real alternative.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bexydee504
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for explaining it to me. That makes sense 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As you have a TiVo it does not need connection to the hub, but a subsequent upgrade to the V6 will require this connection. I suggest considering a move of the hub to the front room as well which would be done as part of the same £99 job. One thing you'll need to consider is that a hub move will mean worse WiFi in the back room but better WiFi in the front room.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos