Menu
jillster
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Movies on Demand - refund?

I ordered the movie Deepwater Horizon to watch on-demand last night; however after only 5-10 minutes it became clear that the sound was really poor.  Voices were indistinct and there was too much background noise.  It's not possible to put on subtitles so we had to abandon viewing.  Any chance I'll get my £4.49 refunded and how do I go about it?  This is a recurring problem with Movies on Demand to the extent that we hardly every use this service and opt for Lovefilm by post instead.  Valentines Day disaster.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Movies on Demand - refund?

Hello jillster,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn that you were unable to watch your film.

Did you manage to give us a ring when it happened?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jillster
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Didn't phone at the time as no inclination to spend Valentines night hanging on the phone. Is a refund available, would be much appreciated. Jillster
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jillster

Apologies for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing, we don't expect you to pay for a service or movie you've not received so if you've been charged, you're entitled to have that credited back. 

To get that sorted, give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ralamo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I also have had problems with the last two on demand films from Virgin Media. Both were badly pixelated and the sound was distorted. On the 2nd occasion I rang Virgin and after 30 minutes waiting finally got through to an engineer who took me through lots of reboots but nothing fixed it. He then put me back to the service team who told me they couldn’t refund me because the rental had not showed up on my account, neither could they leave a message on my account to get it credited. Neither could they send or receive an email for me to formalise a complaint. They refused to escalate it because their Manager was already busy. They told me my complaint was registered gave me a bogus reference number and told me someone would be in contact in ten days, that was three months ago and the movie rental was still charged to my account. This is fairly appalling customer service especially coming on the back of an above inflation rate increase. Now I have a C130 error which has appeared for over 5 days and no contact again. When will Virgin set up an accessible customer services department that proactively solves isssues rather than forcing its customers to sign up to forums to highlight issues they already know are present. We’ve had constant network service issues for the last 3-4 months.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ralamo,

Thanks for letting us know about the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I'd certainly like to look into this for you and also register your disatisfaction to your account so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos