Menu
jpcm24
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Movie trailers in mini window

I've seen a few posts around this subject so feel I should add my displeasure.  Being shown the trailer for the new "IT Chapter 2" movie at 3pm whilst searching for a disney cartoon with my 6 year old son is just not acceptable.

Please can you add a watershed to movie trailers?  

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Movie trailers in mini window

Good Evening jpcm24,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you're unhappy with the IT Chapter 2 trailer featuring on the screen when search for a Disney Cartoon.

The trailers that are available are catered for, for the time of day - earlier in the day the trailers will be less graphic, later in the day, and especially after 9pm, the content is more suited for an adult audience

I have chased up on this subject and can assure you that all trailers have been classed as compliant with Ofcom regulations

Kindest reagrds

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Movie trailers in mini window

although i agree with david's reply that trailers for films are customized according to the time of day in terms of their rating ie u,pg,12,12a,15,18, i question why 'it chapter 2' comes up at all when someone searches for a disney cartoon.

i am no prude by any means, but would suggest to jpcm24 that he contacts ofcom to 'register' a complaint.

if someone is searching for a disney cartoon, at no time should any trailer for an adult horror film pop up even if it is watered down in line with the time of day. 

0 Kudos