cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing BBC 1 and BBc 2

lencripps
Joining in

I am missing BBC 1 & BBC 2 only on Tivo box, but working on the other box. 

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Missing" in what way? Are they greyed out in your EPG, or do you have an error message/code onscreen when you select these channels?

Are these the SD or HD versions?

If one box is working and the other isn't, the obvious next check is to swap the boxes around and see if the fault stays or follows... but depending on the answer to my first couple of questions, there may not be a need for that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not in the guide.  SD version.

I have 2 boxes , my main box has both channels included

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As a quick fix then, try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

If that fails, are you able to post a picture of your EPG (TV guide) with the channels missing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

i followed Home/Help&Settings/Help/TVCare/im missing some channels,  and that comes up with error try again later. 

The Guide goes 

100...Showcase

103 ITV

104 Channel 4 

105 Channel 5

and so on.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, there's something else going on here then. First thing, which box is it that's problematic - is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

How long has this been a problem for - has it only started now?

I see your description, but if you can post a picture - it may just help ascertain what's going on. Also, can you use OnDemand services ok?

Its a Tivo box. My V6 is perfectly ok.

The problem has been a while. I only use Tivo box for sport, but they are putting 2020 Euro on BBC 1, which is giving me the prob

Tivo.jpg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The picture tells a thousand words, as it were - that's useful. Does the box work ok with setting and watching recordings?

Can you use OnDemand from the TiVo ok? If you're not sure, please try. On the front-left of the box, do you have any flashing green lights? I'm interested mainly in the "heartbeat" light.

Can you try following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. I'm looking for one thing here - in the top-left, the 6hourly "calls home" are timestamped with success/failure. Does it look "green and clean", or are there any failures? You've not mentioned missing EPG entries that I'd expect with failures, but all the same. Doing a manual "Connect to Virgin Media services now" shouldn't be necessary if there's recent successes, but it can't hurt.

I've been hesitant to ask thus far, but have you restarted the box? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart, and choose the first level (plain vanilla reset)

Works ok with settings and watching recordings. No flashing green lights. Last Status Succeeded.

Ive unplugged box, and waited then replugged back in. On demand seems to work. Tried a manual "Connect to Virgin Media Services now". No change .