Menu
myss
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Manually recording a programme after it started

My apologies if I have posted this query in the wrong forum, I was toying whether to put it here or the TV V6 one instead.

On a freeview box (bear with me) in my home, I can start manually recording a programme after it started and the recording will include the part I missed. That said if it was a 30min programme and I start recording on the 25th minute I'm not sure if I'd get the same thing but so far it has some facility that has worked in my favour that way.

I didn't expect this on my Tivo V6 box (connected to another TV) but the other day I was watching a film, got through about half hour of it, knew I was falling asleep and thought I'd record the rest to watch the next day. The next day I start watching the recording and like the freeview box it had the entire film including the starting credits. OK then.

Today a programme that I had longed to watch months ago and missed was repeated but half of the programme had already gone by the time I realised. I instantly put it to record thinking that the recording will include what I had missed. I go to watch the recording - and all I see is the part of the programme that was still being broadcast when I started to record.

So how is it that I can manually record the one film long after it started and get the entire film taped but not today's programme? Thanks for reading this far.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Manually recording a programme after it started

Any device, V6 included, can only record all of a live event if one of its tuner was connected to the channel at the time the program started.

If you connect to the channel after the start of the program, you can only record from the time you turned over.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
myss
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Manually recording a programme after it started

Thank you Ernie, that made complete sense. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos