cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M63 error code

palwindersohal1
Joining in

I have just changed my package 5 days ago and since then I have had the m63 and 7400 error code on all my channels when I use them. I have switched to freeview so I am unsure as to why this is happening 

any help would be appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@palwindersohal1 wrote:
So yes I have removed the tv service from my package, but was assured the channels would work fine on the box as they are freeview channels.

If you have removed the TV service from your package, then your TV box will no longer work.

The Freeview channels are accessible either.. 1: By a Freeview tuner/PVR connected to an external aerial, 2: A Virgin TV box with an active subscription.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @palwindersohal1 

When you changed package did you also change equipment, or switch to a 360 box?

Error 7400 is usually because the box hasn't been activated.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

M63 is an account set up error which is usually because VM need to update the systems with your box details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "I have switched to freeview"?

Freeview is terrestrial free-to-air digital TV through your aerial not provided by VM so are you saying that you've cancelled your Virgin TV service? The errors you've quoted are account related so would fit with a disconnection of your VM TV box.

Or do you mean you've changed your VM TV package to "Mixit" which carries broadly the same channels as Freeview?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @newapollo 

They have not changed the box and not issuing one either. 

So yes I have removed the tv service from my package, but was assured the channels would work fine on the box as they are freeview channels.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@palwindersohal1 wrote:

If you have removed the TV service from your package, then your TV box will no longer work.

The Freeview channels are accessible either.. 1: By a Freeview tuner/PVR connected to an external aerial, 2: A Virgin TV box with an active subscription.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi palwindersohal1 - thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion, Virgin Media TV and Freeview are two completley seperate things. If removed the TV box from the package, the TV services wouldn't work. Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill