Menu
g0akc
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lost and missed recordings

I'm having various issues with recordings being missed.

Mainly if the broadcast is late for some reason - such as previous program over run.

I know to add some time before/after the recording (how clunky) but is there a better way to avoid this?

Do VM not use a recording start signal which Humax and BT Youview Boxes do?  (the broadcasters send data/signals to indicate to boxes when to start recording or if the event is late).  If not, why not?

We've missed several programs on the V6 box due to this - luckily some I'd also recorded on our old Youview box which got them successfully or they were on catchup.  Its been annoying for the family though.

I've also had at least one recording disappear without trace - I saw it there but it went from any of the menus and I did not delete it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost and missed recordings

@g0akc wrote:

I'm having various issues with recordings being missed.

Mainly if the broadcast is late for some reason - such as previous program over run.

I know to add some time before/after the recording (how clunky) but is there a better way to avoid this?

Do VM not use a recording start signal which Humax and BT Youview Boxes do?  (the broadcasters send data/signals to indicate to boxes when to start recording or if the event is late).  If not, why not?

We've missed several programs on the V6 box due to this - luckily some I'd also recorded on our old Youview box which got them successfully or they were on catchup.  Its been annoying for the family though.

I've also had at least one recording disappear without trace - I saw it there but it went from any of the menus and I did not delete it.

Just on the specifics of a real-time EPG, no Virgin don't have this and it's been covered numerous times in the past as to the reasons why.

It's worth bearing in mind that your other Humax & YouView boxes don't even come close to the intelligence of Virgin's TiVo/V6 when it comes to series-links, and managing scheduling clashes. And the clue as to why Virgin doesn't have a live EPG is not a million miles from that 😉

Your issue of a recording disappearing without trace - was this perhaps not a recording, but a "bookmark" to an OnDemand show, because that should then show in the "not currently available" folder if it was. Or if it was a recorded program, then it will be in the "recently deleted items" section.

0 Kudos
g0akc
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost and missed recordings

The lost recording was an actual recording - We have a series link set up to record The Rook, UHD drama series.  All other episodes have been watchable from recordings but Episode 2 disappeared - showed there in my shows one day, gone the next - disc not full, not deleted and didn’t show in recently deleted. Thankfully we were able to view it from catchup.

0 Kudos