cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of sound or picture after TiVo reboot

LindaRuth
Dialled in

We have a 2nd TiVo which is connected by WiFi to the hub 4 for streaming Netflix, etc.

Frequently, we can't open Netflix or Amazon because there is 'no connection'. We reboot the TiVo box and open the app successfully. However, sometimes there is no sound although the picture is fine or vice versa. We have to reboot a couple more times or just give up and watch something else.

The error message says it's a connection problem although there is a WiFi signal in the room. Is it the TiVo box?

I tested this theory by swapping the boxes for a couple of days and the problem didn't occur. I've swapped the boxes back because of all the recorded content, etc so swapping the boxes is not the solution.

Alternatively, it could be a WiFi problem. I am planning to add a router/mesh system to prove the signal.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you managed to resolve it?

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

2 quick things here...

It's not a forum moderator you need to get the wireless connection back - this can be done by a little self-help/effort on your part, with the fallback of a tech visit if we struggle.

newapollo's suggestion of the "connect to VM services now" will work if the V6's net connection is functioning, but OnDemand or the guide is missing stuff. If your wireless connection is dropping out, that needs fixing first.

Post a picture of your network connections screen with the "no connection available" please - that'll help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks