Menu
craigcos
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Loss of TV Service (Black Screens)

For the past few months we've been getting a loss of TV service - the screen just goes blank for a moment and then eventually comes back on. It is driving us mad and is particularly annoying when watching live sport!

Don't have the time to sit in a telephone queue and the live chat is constantly busy hence posting here. 

I'm at my wits end with it, we've been using Freeview more than Virgin Media recently and am contemplating cancelling my many years of loyal service. 

Can anyone from Virgin Media look into this please?

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of TV Service (Black Screens)

I have a similar thing the picture and sound drop out for a split second, although the picture drop outs are now lees frequent for me the sound drop outs are happening every few minutes.

I've had this issue looked at several times but hasn't been sorted.

I guess it is something we are going to have to live with.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello craigcos,

Thanks for for posting, I'd certainly like to help but I'm unable to find your account details so if you could send me a private message with your address, post code and name on the account please I will get this looked into.

You will be able to send me a private message by clicking on my name and selecting 'send me a message' on the right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
craigcos
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rose,

Have sent you a message with the details.

Craig
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That's great thanks Craig, I have just replied to your private message Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It's certainly not something you should live with you are paying for a service
GreyMouse
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have had 2 new Tivo boxes since 8 March (our original box had a faulty tuner and kept saying BBC1 wasn't in our package). With both new boxes, the screen goes black and the sound goes. It's only for a few seconds but it's always at 43 minutes past the hour, for the past few nights its been at 19.43. I have raised this issue a couple of times with Virgin and I am now waiting for another engineer to visit (this time they are sending a Supervisor). It happens whether it's live TV (via the Tivo box) or a Tivo recording. If I then rewind and replay the live TV or the recording, the blank screen isn't there!

Tonight, I have managed to record it on my phone so that I can show the engineer next week.

I have asked Virgin if they have a signal being sent out but they assure me the signals are sent between midnight and 6am. As I have had 2 new Tivo boxes with the same issue, do Virgin have a software issue with new boxes?

Has anyone else noticed this happening at the same time each evening?

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Very interesting, I will look out for the times my box does this. Ha just now 2123.

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There is no set time this happens, my picture and sound is dropping out all over the place.

But it does seem more noticeable on Channel 4 HD.

0 Kudos
GreyMouse
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As I now have a recording of the screen going black it will be interesting to see what the engineer says on Wednesday!

I'll post his comments!
0 Kudos