cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large button simple TiVo remote

Paul1804
Tuning in

My elderly parents are struggling with their TiVo remote. They require a large button remote that basically turns it on/off, volume up/down, channel up/down, tv guide and selection button. Is there a virgin remote that will do that or another make which will work with the TiVo box? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Paul1804 

VM do have an Accessibility Remote which they may find easier to use, however it doesn't have larger buttons.

I'm not sure if it will be suitable but it's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind. The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

There are details on <<< this page >>> 

You might be able to find an "all in one" remote.

A member of the forum team should pick this up in a day or two, and will be able to order the remote if you want.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul1804,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Have you been able to take a look at the link provided by newapollo?

If so, does this look like it would help at all?

^Martin

Hi

sorry but I didn’t see anything in that link which said you had a large button simple tv remote. Could you point me at that please?

thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Paul1804 

I provided the link and mentioned that VM do have an Accessibility Remote which may be easier to use, however it doesn't have larger buttons, it's the same size as the original remote. It's actually white with black buttons.

From the linked page

High contrast Virgin TV V6 box and TiVo box remote control

Our high contrast Virgin TV V6 and TiVo® box remote is available to all our customers with accessibility needs who may benefit from it.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Would you be able to provide a photo for comparison please? 

thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Paul1804 

Sorry I wouldn't be able to I'm afraid as I haven't seen them. Sadly I've just googled and couldn't find a picture either.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team may be able to provide a picture.

The remote should be free so you've nothing to lose by ordering one via the Forum Team, apart from maybe setting your hopes up that it may be useful and then finding it's not.

If you do go ahead and order the remote (and Forum Staff  haven't been able to provide a picture) it would be really useful if you could post a picture as that would be very helpful to show other possible future users.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for your help. 
I will get one ordered and will post.