cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large button remote for elderly relative

Bules24
Joining in

Do virgin supply large button remotes for the elderly who have poor sight issues ? If so how can I order one ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bules24 

VM do have an Accessibility It's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind.

The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

You can speak to customer support and order one, however if you are willing to wait a day or two then I'm sure a member of Forum Staff will pick this up for you and order one.

There are also some changes that you can make to the screen itself to make it easier to navigate:

The TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help find your way around the menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

You can read more about those settings and more features on VM's dedicated Help page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bules24 

VM do have an Accessibility It's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind.

The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

You can speak to customer support and order one, however if you are willing to wait a day or two then I'm sure a member of Forum Staff will pick this up for you and order one.

There are also some changes that you can make to the screen itself to make it easier to navigate:

The TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help find your way around the menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

You can read more about those settings and more features on VM's dedicated Help page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo Thanks I will wait to see if the team pick it up if not I will contact the Customer Service team !

Hello Bules24

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your relative and getting them a more user friendly and accessible remote. Welcome back to the forum.

We're happy to look into this further for you but will need some more details from you to make the necessary arrangements. I will send you a Private Message and look forward to your reply.

Rob

Great news Bules24, there's help here on setting the remote up if needed 🙂

Rob