cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a charge for an engineer visit if you have no signal on your tv

Sandra-C
Joining in

Hi, 

My mum had an engineer visit as she had no signal message on her tv but when her next bill was taken by DD there was a £25 charge on it. 

My question is..

Are you charged for engineer visits even if the engineer did have to fix the machine. 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"No signal" is often an error generated by a TV set, not a VM TV box - so the fault may not have been with VM's kit in this scenario.

Without knowing the specifics of the fault and the fix - hard to advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sandra-C,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that there's a disputed technician call out fee on the bill. You can find the reasons why we'd charge for a technician visit listed here.

If you feel that the charge would still be incorrect upon looking at this, let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, 

Thank you for getting Back to me. 

The TV had no picture on it with a message saying no signal, I'd not done anything different to any other day when I get up in a morning, I turned the tv on a usual and that's when I saw the message so I called virgin and they sent an engineer who changed something on the box a wire of some sort and did a few things then it was working again, next I know I've been charged £25 for an engineer call out and I've been with virgin for good few years now. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The charge would be appropriate if the cable that was reseated was the HDMI cable between the Virgin set top box and the TV. If this cable had come loose, this would cause the ‘no signal’ error.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks