cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is someone else using my service?

wbssimmonite
Joining in

Just had my stats email from Virgin and found that we were in the top 20% of sports users.

We don't watch any sport at all.

Could someone else have access to our TV service?  We've put a strong password to our router itself, so that should be difficult to access, but this isn't a broadband issue.

Anybody have any ideas?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think there's anything sinister here - some months I get told under the "sport" section that I've watched more football than anything else. Clearly total nonsense - I genuinely can't stand the "game"!! I've got a few theories as to why it might happen, but life's too short to care too much.

As for your router theory - that's irrelevant. Live TV doesn't use the internet, so you're worrying about nothing there.

VM obviously use anonymised usage stats to put together these emails, but I'd recommend you file this email appropriately and move on...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think there's anything sinister here - some months I get told under the "sport" section that I've watched more football than anything else. Clearly total nonsense - I genuinely can't stand the "game"!! I've got a few theories as to why it might happen, but life's too short to care too much.

As for your router theory - that's irrelevant. Live TV doesn't use the internet, so you're worrying about nothing there.

VM obviously use anonymised usage stats to put together these emails, but I'd recommend you file this email appropriately and move on...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks very much for the reassurance!  Good to know that I'm not going loony....