Menu
Annoyed61
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet/Landline

Good afternoon,
I have my Internet and Landline through your company and 2 Feb 2018 I changed contract to a cheaper tariff of £38- (£19- each for charges and rental) per month for 12 months.
The bills dated 18 Dec 2018, 18 Jan & 18 Feb 2019 you have charged me £22- charges and rental £19- per month so therefore I have not received my 12 months for the new contract of £38-.
Could you let me know what is happening.
Thank you

Catherine  

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet/Landline

The increase is due to a general price increase which was effective November.

All affected customers would have received notification, either via email or post.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Annoyed61
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So even though I signed up for a 12 month contract for £38- per month, your company will not honour what they have said. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Annoyed61 wrote:

So even though I signed up for a 12 month contract for £38- per month, your company will not honour what they have said. 

Your contract is fixed minimum term not fixed price, as per VMs terms & conditions. Your protection is that you have 30 days to cancel without any exit penalty.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Annoyed61
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So signing up for a cheaper tariff that is meant to have lasted 1 year doesn't mean a thing, but I would imagine if I wanted to come out of the contract before the 12 months I would have been clobbered with cancellation fees, but your company seem fit to advertise a 12 month contract at a fixed price does not exist.
So for the bills Dec, Jan & Feb is ok for the higher tariff and how long have I got left to change.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Catherine

My apologies the price change communications were missed at the time of their sending last year.

If the company enforces a price change the customer has the right to cancel even if they are in contract and they are able to cancel with no early termination/disconnection fees providing they notify us within 30 days of receipt of the letter.

After this period the standard contract with the price increase, after the P.I period , which last year was from November,  continues and you would have to pay EDF's if you were within contract, and wished to then cancel, if you had had any EDF's at that time.

If as you've mentioned, your last change contracted you on Feb 2018 then if you were in a 12 month contract at that time, you would now be in a rolling 30 days contract with us and have the right to cancel just giving 30 days notice with no EDF's

If you signed up for an 18 month contract at the time then this will be up around July of this year.

To find your contract information online you can:

1. Register or sign in at virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia
  2. Select My Bills
  3. Select View Contract

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos