Menu
Highlighted
BelieverAmI
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Initial issues

Only joined virgin media yesterday and so far most underwhelmed.

Constantly dropping wifi connections to all devices. Tv regularly pixilating. On demand movies stopping part way through saying serve not available at this time.

Is there an initial settling period or am I being totally stupid.

0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Initial issues

There is no settling in period. Phone customer services and insist on an engineer visit, sounds like you have a signal issue.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Initial issues

Hi BelieverAmI,

Welcome to the forums and the Virgin Media family 🙂 Thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your new broadband service.

I've had a look at the connection entering your property and everything looks fine from our end. However, it does look like there might be a couple of devices which are affecting the wireless network in your home. Our diagnostic systems are reporting that you have one or two devices too close to your hub which could be disrupting the production/range or a wireless connection.

Is there anything electrical near your hub which could be moved away, or connected via ethernet in order to reduce the number of queuing requests?

Our WiFiWins should help to further explain this. I know they may seem a little basic but it really can make a lot of difference, there are a lot of factors which can interfere with wifi.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos