Menu
Highlighted
malbin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Image too big for screen cutting tops off heads

My TiVo box has developed a odd problem, the picture is too big for the screen and am loosing the tops of everybody's head. When I go to the guide or home screen the top of the screen is missing, I can only see about a quarter of the live TV screen in the top right corner of the screen.

When I check the television it says it is receiving I 1080i signal.

I have gone into picture settings on the TiVo box and it is set to 1080i, I have tried changing the output format and the only ones that seem to output a full screen are the 576p and 576i all the other one seem to cut off the top of the screen.

I have tried to reboot the box and it is just the same.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Image too big for screen cutting tops off heads

It sounds like you need to check your tv remote not the virgin remote and look for a button that can change the aspect ratio, sounds like its on zoom when it should be on wide

0 Kudos
malbin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is no zoom or wide button on my remote and the picture is fine on the TV tuner and also another box I have connected via the HDMI connection, everything else is working fine except for the TiVo box.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What model of Tv do you have, all tvs should have this setting. There is no setting on a virgin box to adjust this
0 Kudos
malbin
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a finlux

0 Kudos
malbin
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's sort, it was a setting on the television.

When I went through all the settings on the television I came across one called picture zoom and it was set to subtitles, when i changed it to auto the picture was sorted.

When I checked the remote one of the tiny none descript buttons at the bottom of the remote (the ones you never used) changed the screen, I must have touched it by accident.

0 Kudos