cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV and ITV+1 missing on Tivo

oharas
Tuning in

Both ITV and ITV+1 have disappeared from the guide on my Tivo box.

If I type the channel number this also fails to show the channels.

I've done the obvious thing and rebooted the device from the switch on the back and from the mains.

Any ideas why I can't access this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you missing Channel 4 SD/4 HD as well?

If you are there is a signal problem at your property.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you missing Channel 4 SD/4 HD as well?

If you are there is a signal problem at your property.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply.

I have all the Channel 4 channels, it's just ITV and ITV+1 that I'm missing!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying that you can't view the channels?

Or that there's a problem with the EPG data?

What happens if you select 103 from your remote? Or indeed "channel down" from 102?

Yes, I can't view the channels. It's not even in the programme guide.

When I type in 103 it immediately jumps to 104 and when I select channel up or down it just bypasses 103 altogether (goes straight from 102 to 104 and vice versa)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following, in this order, with perhaps 10 minutes between each.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media services now

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

Reboot via Home > Help & Settings > Clear ot restart

If they're still missing, you might need to either call into faults to report it, or wait here (which might take a couple of days) for staff to pickup.

Thanks japitts,

I tried your first suggestion but no joy.

I tried the second suggestion and got as far as the TV Care part but then an error code appeared after I prompted it to refresh my channel list. The error code was TC5/null.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by the internal modem having failed.

Check for flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo, the heartbeat one especially.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oharas

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the TV issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry to hear that ITV and ITV+1 are missing on TiVo for you. I would like to book an technician appointment for you to get this resolved, I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oharas

Thank you for responding to my private message, I'm pleased to confirm we have arrange a technician visit to get your TV Channel issue resolved. Please do keep us posted on how everything is working for you following the engineer visit.

Kind regards,

Serena