Menu
mrbill1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer TiVo app starts playing then gives an error “something went wrong playing this program”

This has been happening for several months - bandwidth is fine, no vpn, all other catch up services work ok from the TiVo, and IPlayer works fine from other devices like pc or tablet.

Can you look into this for me?  

0 Kudos
mrbill1234
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPlayer TiVo app starts playing then gives an error “something went wrong playing this program”

I think I may have resolved this - somewhat.  I added 720p to the list of supported video formats, and this seems to have resolved it.  The thing is, why isn’t it working at 1080?  It used to.  Is my TiVo box a bit long in the tooth now to handle 1080?  

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPlayer TiVo app starts playing then gives an error “something went wrong playing this program”

Pretty certain the iPlayer has only ever supported 720p - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/how-to-guides/getting-started/hd_general

My experience of using the iPlayer on TiVo is that it does take a couple of minutes to load (which isn't the case on the newer V6 box), but once it loads, playback in SD or HD is perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
mrbill1234
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I upgrade to a v6 box - and is there any disadvantage in doing so?

0 Kudos