Menu
abcd-abcd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to watch full credits on an iPlayer programme

Anybody know how to stop the next episode of a series starting automatically? I like to watch the credits and listen to the full length of music...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to watch full credits on an iPlayer programme

You will have to turn off Autoplay in the BBC iPlayer Settings.

This is what it looks like in the app on my iPad and there will be something similar in the V6 version of the app:

26BC8DE9-DBD7-46D1-8B4B-9549091A50DD.jpeg

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On V6, the Autoplay setting is in Other Settings.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You've said Autoplay is the issue and Ernie has answered that part of it. There is a further issue once it is disabled. The pop-ups for other programmes along the bottom of the screen that block the credits.

There is a way to shift them out of the way, but you need to do this every time, it's not a one time fix like the Autoplay disabling.

Basically the default highlighted control (i.e.what button is pink) is the Play/Pause button and it's in the area of the pop-ups you want to disappear. So all you need to do when they pop up and obscure the credits is press the Up arrow until Home is highlighted pink. Then press nothing, the blocks obscuring your view of the credits will disappear after a few seconds pass.

0 Kudos