Menu
vm_eg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How to save the Favourites setting in channel guide?

I find it annoying having to keep selecting favourites in the channel guide listings. Every short time period, the setting reverts back to All channels. Is there an update planned to solve this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to save the Favourites setting in channel guide?

Hello vm_eg,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

This shouldn't keep reverting back once you've saved it, have you noticed if anything strange is happening like the box rebooting when favorites resets itself?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vm_eg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rose. I think it's every hour the setting reverts back to the default of all channels. Box does not restart or anything else.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think @Rose_B has misunderstood.

It is normal for your choice of Favourites displayed in the Guide and miniGuide to revert to All Channels after a period of time. There is no way to make this the default. You have to press the blue button each time to enable this Favourites view for the short period it persists.

As an aside, you can do exactly that, make Favourites your default, in the Guide function of the TV Anywhere app, if you use that to control your TiVo or V6.

vm_eg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie. It's very annoying and I am sure others don't like this. Hopefully vm can issue a fix at some point.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's been requested many times before but not changed.

Personally, I see it as a minor inconvenience. I'm just used to the extra couple of button pushes to get to my Favourites.

0 Kudos
andrew2010
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have read this section and i find it annoying that it keeps changing. i understand why Virgin do it, but that doesn't make it acceptable. After all I pay to view what i want and what i don't want i should be able to remove. On my Freeview I can take out channels I don't want to watch never having to scroll through them again (unless i go back to resetting)

so as a new customer so far I have found several annoying things.............favourites, picture quality, and the showing of channels in a list that i don't pay for ( a couple of other things but they are customer service) 

0 Kudos