cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return old equipment?

Tom41
Up to speed

We recently received a replacement TiVo box to swap with one that was showing signs of failing. The call center agent said there would be a CollectPlus label included to return the defective one, but there is no sign of anything in the box apart from the replacement equipment and usage instructions.

How do we go about returning the TiVo box? Do we need to call again for a label, is it sent by e-mail or do we have to pay postage ourselves?

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

If it is an old TiVo box then I understand that VM do not want them back and you can dispose of it yourself.

@Tom41 wrote:

We recently received a replacement TiVo box to swap with one that was showing signs of failing. The call center agent said there would be a CollectPlus label included to return the defective one, but there is no sign of anything in the box apart from the replacement equipment and usage instructions.

How do we go about returning the TiVo box? Do we need to call again for a label, is it sent by e-mail or do we have to pay postage ourselves?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment the current "official line" is that VM are happy for you to recycle your TiVo through whatever responsible method/facilities are available to you.

Forum staff may be along to request otherwise, but until such time as they do, I'd follow the advice on the website link above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom41
Up to speed

I now have conflicting information. I telephoned Virgin yesterday, and they agreed to send out a label to return the old TiVo box. But this morning I got an e-mail saying that I don't need to return the disconnected equipment! I'm not going to do anything with the box for the time being, until forum staff give a definitive answer.

Hi Tom41,

Thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion regarding equipment returns.

All equipment we need would be detailed on the link japitts has shared, anything you can get rid of yourself in an environmentally friendly way.

Alex_Rm