cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Recycle old Media Box

Deadwood1
Tuning in

How do you return/recycle old box?

New box had leaflet with website details. Logged onto virgin site it says page dosn't exist...as usual nothing on help page and you can't speak to a human.

Was under impression that my defective tevo box would be replaced with a new V6 box. Ha I thought wrong. Been with them since Eurobell days....Apparently if I want a V6 Box I have to pay more. I suppose £107 per month is not enough unless I am a new customer

For a communication company they don't want to speak to you unless they are flogging you something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Deadwood1 

The following page details items that need returning and also includes links to recycling centres.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

If you've had a box swap for another TIVO that would follow current VM policy which is a like for like swap.

If you are wanting to exchange it for a V6 box then you would need to have a broadband connection with VM.

If this is the case you could try speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving us) 150 from a VM landline or mobile, and see if you can negotiate a free swap to a V6, probably in exchange for a new 18 month contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Deadwood1 

The following page details items that need returning and also includes links to recycling centres.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

If you've had a box swap for another TIVO that would follow current VM policy which is a like for like swap.

If you are wanting to exchange it for a V6 box then you would need to have a broadband connection with VM.

If this is the case you could try speaking to retentions (thinking of leaving us) 150 from a VM landline or mobile, and see if you can negotiate a free swap to a V6, probably in exchange for a new 18 month contract.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi New Apollo.

Many thanks for your prompt reply and a link that works...

We did sign up for some additional packages and will be paying more than our current fees but it was very difficult trying understand the call centre operator as he spoke very fast...can only ask him to repeat himself so many times without upsetting him.... unfortunately we assumed that this additional cost was for a V6 box...am waiting for the full information to arrive so we can read what we are actually getting..😋😋😋

Many thanks you your reply.

Kind regards..Deadwood

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Deadwood1 

You don't say when you signed up for the additional packages, however under distance selling regulations you have 14 days to change your mind.

If you are still within this timescale try speaking to retentions. You might not have spoken to them last time and may have only just spoken with normal CS, however if you dispute the new contract you have a good chance of changing it, possibly a better price and the V6.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Within a day or so of agreeing any new contract, a PDF copy of it should be emailed to you and is also available anytime via your "myVirginMedia" online account.

That's as good as anywhere to check you're happy with your agreed package, and then make sure any queries are raised within the 14days cooling off period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Deadwood1

Thanks for your post 

Sorry for the poor experience you have had 

Can I ask if you have managed to cancel the new package yet 

As a rule the Forums Team are unable to make package changes

But I can check the current situation and help 

I would just need to pass security first 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L