Menu
flamenco
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do I catch up Sky Arts shows.

On Sky it was dead easy to record a missed programme. Watched Virgin today - a Sky Arts a prog with Tim Minchin, pressed record (which it did) but had already missed first 20 mins so later tried to "catch up" the whole thing. Grrrrr. Not there. On Sky it was SO easy. This is very frustrating. Grrrrrr Why is it so difficult?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I catch up Sky Arts shows.

What was the program?

0 Kudos
flamenco
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Matilda and Me on Sky Arts (shown today, Sat 4 Mar 2017)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It looks like Sky have either chosen not to put this on Catchup or don't have the rights to do so.

I can't comment whether this is the same on their own platforms.

The best you could do on TiVo or V6 is create a Wishlist for the program and it will record the next time it is on.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

flamenco wrote:

On Sky it was dead easy to record a missed programme. Watched Virgin today - a Sky Arts a prog with Tim Minchin, pressed record (which it did) but had already missed first 20 mins so later tried to "catch up" the whole thing. Grrrrr. Not there. On Sky it was SO easy. This is very frustrating. Grrrrrr Why is it so difficult?

Sky allowed downloading of OD & catch-up content due to some customers having slow ADSL connections that could not cope with live streaming, a problem VM does not have.

Availablilty on catch-up is also dependant on both the programme owner offering it, & in the case of Sky channel content whether its being offered to wholesale providers or exclusive to Sky customers.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

flamenco
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I just checked on my Sky+ app on my iPad and saw that the programme Matilda and Me is available to record on Sky until August 2019. Searching for the same on my Virgin app returns "No Results". So is this because Sky won't allow Virgin customers to have it? When I switched from Sky to Virgin last month, there was no indication that I would experience reduced or restricted content.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

flamenco wrote:

Thank you. I just checked on my Sky+ app on my iPad and saw that the programme Matilda and Me is available to record on Sky until August 2019. Searching for the same on my Virgin app returns "No Results". So is this because Sky won't allow Virgin customers to have it? When I switched from Sky to Virgin last month, there was no indication that I would experience reduced or restricted content.

This is something you will have to get used too. Sky only wholesale what they feel like giving their competitors. Everything else is reserved for their own customers. This is why VM cannot carry Sky Atlantic or ITV Encore (exclusive agreement with the channel owner) amongst other things.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

moof
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

+1 the OP regarding Sky Arts

....wondered why I'd not been recording Brian Johnson’s A Life On The Road series

have only watched one episode to date, Episode 2 (which I thought was a little odd seeing as I have a series link set)

seems my series link had set itself to HD!

went to 'catch up' and you can only catchup, in HD, via TiVo Smiley Mad

...and as I don't subscribe to Sky Arts HD, I'm Sky-outta-luck! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos