Menu
Spindizzy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can you get round this

After jumping through many hoops tests etc 2-3 weeks of round and round again. The diagnosis was they couldn’t see anything wrong with the box. They refused to get a technician out. Because their computer told them. I have two boxes one worked one did not. So what do you think. I had to rant and rave. Finally after 3 attempts at stubborn refusal i got a supervisor who arranged for a technician to come and diagnose what i have done to prove the box faulty..... let us see. But 3 weeks to get this far is causing PTSD no one should have to go through this but it seems i am not alone. As for escalation it is non-existant. They not off the hook from me leaving all the services yet. Stll what is a £1000 a year to them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can you get round this

Hi Spindizzy,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for this service fault and experience.

Has all been resolved with the new box? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Spindizzy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The technician came out. I demonstrated the problem and he then tried some lead changes. That didn’t work so he went into the box data and there it was. Where it says errors  268. Corrections 62. The error rate was out side the anticipated normal of about 15. I.E. The box was faulty. It appears that channels operate at different frequencies and have to be in high tolerance and streaming in this case comes from outside the virgin network the box needs to be well within specification to accommodate this stream, it was not, and it was losing sound. 2-3 second breaks. Only on this channel. Box changed all tests ok. Technician left smiling and a the customer happy that he was right about the box all along and disgusted at the way the whole thing was handled before the technician arrived. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies again for the experience but I am glad everything was resolved for you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos