cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I place order for new remote for my TiVo box

EmerSmyth
Tuning in

I need to order a new remote as my old one is not working properly.  

I have tried ordering online but the page to which I was directed  has not been functioning  for over a week.

I have tried phoning from my virgin landline.  Twice i have gone through a series of options - none of which give me the opportunity to either speak to someone or just request a new remote.

Very very frustrating!  Any suggestions on how I get my new remote?

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @EmerSmyth 

The links on the web page work for me but sometimes error when using Chrome.

Have you tried using a different browser, or using an incognito window?

You can also order a remote using  a text message with a description of replacement remote  to 07533 051809 (or whatsapp 0730 532 7112). Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.  

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (TV Faults)

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and order a replacement remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dave

Thank you so much for your very practical and effective advice.  I telephoned again from my virgin landline telephone and did as you said (by holding on) and I actually got talking to a real person!!! i have now ordered my remote control.

Frustration now defused!  Appreciate your prompt and effective response.

Kind regards

Emer

Hi @EmerSmyth,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have had issues when trying to place an order for a new remote. We are however glad to see that @newapollo was able to help with this. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks! My remote control arrived yesterday. All working now. Very pleased. Thanks newappollo!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @EmerSmyth 

Happy viewing

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @EmerSmyth with the update and glad that the advice from @newapollo helped to get this resolved. ^SL