Menu
Browser01
Superfast
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

History channel status?

Quote from forum : "History channel is supposed to be only available to Full House TV customers but has wrongly been given access to customers on lower TV bundles"

Question : Is this correct and will we also lose the History(+HistoryHD) channel without warning next?

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: History channel status?

The quote was from Ernie C a superuser. What are the chances of a meaningful reply from a VM representative today? Also are there any other channels in the current lineup at threat?    BTW...team....your silence is speaking volumes. It's time to level with us subscribers and tell us what we want or even don't want to hear.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi being a public forum it's quite normal for other virgin customers to be quick with replies, it seems normal for a virgin person to respond on here in 4 to 5 days, a quick response can be had by phone. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky I knew that. I also know that there is a forums/social media team paid for by our subscriptions to answer queries posted by concerned customers. Just trying to wake them up to do their job. A three to four day delay is symptomatic of the 'mushroom growers' attitude to the plants which give them their living. VM likes to keep their customers in the dark and feed them ****. I believe that this is not the time to roll over and be ignored for days on end...BTW have you tried phoning recently? George Orwell would be proud of the way they obfuscate the truth. How about it team?

dante01
Rising star
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media do now appear to be listing the History HD channel as being included with all their TV packages. I've no issue with this channel being made available to everyone, but it does raise the question as to why are Full House customers being still asked to pay more than other customers?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/new-CHANNELS/m-p/3787618#M180114

I'm also unsure as to why there needs to be 2 threads on this topic?

Browser01
Superfast
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Because it's another question. Just because it says that these channels are on the packages now doesn't mean they are staying there. UK tv channels were on the lists right up until the very last moment. So, are we going to lose more channels in this strip down or are they staying as is? It would be right and proper to know in advance (like our bills) what we are getting for our subscriptions to VM. Last minute changes cause many people anger, frustration, uncertainty etc. LG shareholders want to know where their money is being invested and I would assume that they get a say in their investments. After all they have to calculate their monetary returns and gross (both meanings) profits. B01

0 Kudos
dante01
Rising star
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

EDITED

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I see josh has caught up with the tivo board...he's the first of the forum team to ignore this post. Nice to know it's not just vm management that dont give a fig...as long as they have answers on their computer to cut and paste they keep getting their salaries and seem to ignore what I consider to be their job and vm's customers. Currently in the market for a new, decent broadband only provider and then I'm off to freeview. Even with the cost of a new HumaxHD DVR or hard drive for the telly I will be quids in before the 1st year is up and into saving ££££'s by year 2. It's a no brainer.  B

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Browser01,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The History Channel and History Channel+1 are only available with the Full House bundle. Check out this channel guide for the most up-to-date listings.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So what's on ch299? Are we going to lose it?

0 Kudos