Menu
Chloesmum98
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had virgin tv 3 weeks it’s done nothing but flicker and cause me problems

Had virgin tv a month since moving in to my new property , 3/4 times iv had to contact virgin as picture keeps flickering driving me mad , virgin say have to send a signal to box all is good for a few days then the problems start again , can’t get through on the phone , 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had virgin tv 3 weeks it’s done nothing but flicker and cause me problems

I sympathise with your problems getting through on the phone, but there's a few too many posts recently of C/S agents rebooting boxes in order to alleviate the symptoms of what is obviously a physical problem with the box or cabling somewhere.

While it does help the agent mark their call as "resolved", it causes repeat calls a few days/weeks later - when an engineer visit is what's needed in order to properly resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Chloesmum98

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks so much for your first post - sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your Tv services since moving home. 

When you advise flickering - is this happening on all your channels? Is it constant? Does it happen on only Live Shows? Are you seeing the issue on your recordings too and/or via OnDemand and CatchUp? 

What box do you currently have and do you find that the reboot helps? 

Do pop back if you're still having the issues, let us know the answers to the questions and we'll go from there 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chloesmum98
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It does it randomly , I phone virgin automated line get told there is a signal needed , my equipment goes off the problem is rectified a week later I’m having to do the same procedure , it’s ridiculous had a txt from virgin today saying the problem has been fixed , it’s all channels when it happens , not really good enough ,

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Presumably there was an area fault which may have partly caused your TV issues, and that's been resolved - probably explains your text message.

If your problem isn't resolved, then you need to call Virgin and tell them. It may sound like sucking eggs, but you're paying for a service and Virgin need to rectify what's evidently a problem with that service. It probably needs an engineer visit, so insist on having one arranged if necessary!!

Forum team may pick this thread up in a few days, but calling will be the quickest way if you can manage it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Chloesmum98, are you still experiencing any issues after receiving the text message informing you that the fault was fixed?

Let us know as we'll be happy to investigate further if needed.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Chloesmum98
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems , the tv will be fine and then again I’m having to call up and told by a computer I need a signal sent , it then is fine only a few days later the same issue again, I think I need a engineer visit as obviously something is not right here 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chloesmum98

Apologies again as this is still causing you issues 

I'm going to send you a private message so we can organise an engineers visit 

If you cab check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chloesmum98

Thanks for passing security 

Can you please let us know how you get on 

If you need to change the Appointment time you can do here 

Gareth_L