cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD playback unwatchable

Alvertech
Tuning in

Title says it all. Pixilated and freezing. Started about 2 weeks ago and only noticed it affecting C4 HD. Now all HD playback has issues.

Reading other posts I'll try the phone reporting.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your live TV viewing ok? If it is, you have possible signal issues and should try one precautionary reboot. If symptoms persist, check for known area faults on 0800 5610061 before then reporting your fault.

If live TV is ok, try pausing for 30seconds and watching delayed. That's using your hard drive and is effectively a recording.

If you have signal issues - C4-HD shares a broadcast TX with ITV-HD, C4-SD & C4+1, all should be similarly affected.

If you have hard drive issues, all recordings & paused programmes will be affected, regardless of channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Area status ok, tried rebooting several times. Have noticed that delayed watching is also affected. It's the recorder/harddrive.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It certainly sounds hard drive related.

You can either call into faults on the usual number (150 from VM, 0345 4541111 otherwise) or wait on here (potentially a few days) for a staff response.

You're likely to need a tech visit with a view to box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Alvertech, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see @japitts has already gone through some questions with you which really helped me to see where we need to go next with this issue. 

I checked your services on my side and can see there are some specs on your TV box that are out of spec which might also be causing the issue. 

This will need an engineer to visit in order to take a closer look, I'll send you a PM now so we can get this booked in for you 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Alvertech, 

Thanks for giving me that information in our PM, I have booked an appointment for you now. 

If you need to check, change or cancel your appointment you can do so on your Online Account

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can support you again if you need us!

Thanks,

Megan_L