Menu
Mrleeuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

HD channels blocky/pixelated on only 1 of my boxes

I have a samsung TiVo upstairs and a TiVo V6 downstairs. Since having the V6 installed, the Samsung TiVo has poor picture quality on HD channels. Every few minutes it will start to block/pixelate like freeview channels do when there is a poor signal from a standard tv antenna.

I have done all the checks and reset my box but still having faults. I even called virgin and asked for a signal check but they said it was all ok but to be honest I dont think they did a proper check as they were not that helpful.

Can you suggest a fix?

I personally think it is a signal issue as we also have problems with the broadband dropping every now and then even though I am supposed to have the fastest package.

Regards

Lee
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels blocky/pixelated on only 1 of my boxes

ok we can get the team to check this as they can bring results back it sounds like you have issues here and a fault could have problems with signal levels which need checking and adjusting buy technician you have a fault check signal strength via settings diagnostics agc signal strength and see what it reads v6 boxes not to sure about their settings it should have 1 check box settings for info
0 Kudos
Mrleeuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

On the Samsung TiVo the agc signal strength is 79%

The last time I had a problem like this, an engineer came out and told me that whoever had been in the green box on my street last had switched me on to low power but he corrected it. I wonder if this has happened again??

Regards

Lee
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ill leave this issue to one of the forum members to sort this as the engineer fiddled about with the wires and connection in the box so its only 79 percent why would he put it down to low level if its still got ongoing issues it needs to be fixed ill leave to forum members who can help with this as i cant figure out what engineer did
0 Kudos
Mrleeuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I just hope a virgin media technician sees this post so I can get an engineer booked because I can’t stand the picture quality and trying to call them is just a waste of time. I get a better picture with freeview and a standard arial so don’t see what I am paying all this money for to be honest.
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

all im stating is if the box causes issues then your left with more problems up to you if you cant sort it u will be left with no box and its bust if you dont sort it
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

HI Mrleeuk

I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the box, we're detecting some errors with the set top box and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hi craig a recent message to her was a engineer visited her and got told from him another virgin engineer went in to green box and changed the connection about and switched the connection to 79 per cent signal so this error could be down to your engineer messing with green box all this is leading to the box being messed up with engineer thats only from her recent notes this is down to engineer issues
0 Kudos
Mrleeuk
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan.

Craig has messaged me to arrange an appointment for an engineer so just awaiting him to come back to me with some dates.

Also I am a him not a her lol.

Cheers

Lee
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

the dates for engineer are wed tuesday thursday friday sat unless craig gives different ones they are ones that i got when i was a virgin customer he would have sent you a private m like he did hope it turns out well
0 Kudos