cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide option to start from current channel?

scampbird
Dialled in

I noticed recently that the Tivo Anywhere app Guide starts from the currently viewed channel (e.g. you're watching channel 521, that's where the Guide starts from). This is inline with just about every TV/settop box I've ever come across.

Is there a chance we could have an option for the Tivo to do the same thing? I don't understand why it starts from the beginning.

I'm assuming there isn't a button that takes me to the current channel?

Let me illustrate a normal TV-browse use-case (this is to answer those people that commonly reply with "why do you want it to go the current channel"):

1. You start on the Guide and browse to a channel that looks ok, so you watch it.

2. After a few seconds you decide its not for you and want to continue browsing for something else.

3. Therefore you'd like the Guide to continue where you left off.

40 REPLIES 40

faz1964
On our wavelength

Good to have them back, but I hope we don't now lose Vice channel!

Lee19762
Settling in

This has been annoying me for ages, but I've finally found a way to solve.. 

When you have selected a channel and decide you want to go in TV guide from where you were..

Press Power button then press Guide button the then takes you back into full screen TV guide from where you left it

.. This may be a software glitch but hey works for me... 

That doesn't work for me. Pressing the Guide button always shows the guide from channel 100, even if I've pressed the Standby button first.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To start from current channel, use the miniGuide by pressing the OK button, instead of the Guide button.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

It's been 4 years since this suggestion was answered by customer service.

I had the original TiVO from (20+ years ago) and it had this feature.  I find it hard to believe it is difficult to implement.  As pointed out by others the mini guide is not particularly useful

If it is a required feature of Virgin it would be helpful to know.

Thanks,

jdubey

Standby then guide worked for me. Thanks

Stratman
On our wavelength

The work around of Standby then Guide doesn't actually open the guide at the current channel, it opens it at the highlighted channel when it was last dismissed. This is often the current channel, but if some browsing has been done during an ad break for instance, it will open at the last channel the cursor was on and not the current one.

+1 for the option to be available in settings.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would suggest this is VERY unlikely to be added, given Horizon is on the horizon, although pushed back considerably due to the current crisis.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Same here, its frustrating to scroll through the channel list to get back to where you were. I only know virgin's box to do this.

antonydandrea
On our wavelength

I hate that this is still not a thing after all these years. Seems simple to me to make a preference of just have a jump to button.

Right now I have gotten used to seeing the channel on the right hand side (my gripe was I didn't know what channel number I was on), going to that by typing it, and then continuing.