cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide option to start from current channel?

scampbird
Dialled in

I noticed recently that the Tivo Anywhere app Guide starts from the currently viewed channel (e.g. you're watching channel 521, that's where the Guide starts from). This is inline with just about every TV/settop box I've ever come across.

Is there a chance we could have an option for the Tivo to do the same thing? I don't understand why it starts from the beginning.

I'm assuming there isn't a button that takes me to the current channel?

Let me illustrate a normal TV-browse use-case (this is to answer those people that commonly reply with "why do you want it to go the current channel"):

1. You start on the Guide and browse to a channel that looks ok, so you watch it.

2. After a few seconds you decide its not for you and want to continue browsing for something else.

3. Therefore you'd like the Guide to continue where you left off.

40 REPLIES 40

Yep i'm with the guide going to the channel you were last on brigade or at least the choice so each person can select their preferance.

I've just be forced to change to a Tivo from my old (5 or 6 years) Samsung HD Plus box and to be honest apart from the extra space its a step back in most respects.

This guide issue one, (the old box worked just fine) i now can't set a reminder for a show without recording it so endless show to delete. it doesn't seem to wind through a recording as quickly and the general usability of the machine it poorer.

At the moment i'm thinking of going back to my HD plus box despite its freezing issues which prompted the change of machine.

I know the Tivo will do more but most of the extras are junk for me but cannot be turned off easily.

So with this issue if im using the guide to find something to watch and something sounds ok but isn't then i go back to the guide i have to scroll through upto 200 channels to get back where i was or remember the channel number of each channel i try.

I'd also love to be able to delete channels from my guide as either i will never watch them or they are not in my package and its pointless them being there.

Fed up with Tivo.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without reading the whole thread to see if advice has previously been given, use the miniGuide, accessed by pressing OK on the remote from within a channel, as it does return to the channel you are on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

faz1964
On our wavelength

Hi 

Is this work around still the only way to go to the current position in the TV guide in full screen mode, not mini mode?

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

if you were watching lets say channel 604, got the the guide and type 604 and the guide will jump you to that page

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

faz1964
On our wavelength

Thanks but only good if you know what channel number you are on. Just moved from $ky and there you had a  choice of start at 101 or press the backup button to go to the TV guide from the channel you are on.

tarlton
On our wavelength

Please add this feature.  It is SUPER annoying to have to start again from the beginning.

Also, the "back" button doesn't toggle between the last channel you were on and there seems to be no way to flip between two channels.

The whole interface just feels very outdated and not well thought out, tbh.

Hi ,

try this press OFF on remote, then press Guide . Works for me.

Regards. Mike

Hi Karen/ anyone,

Did this ever get implemented? I recently got virgin and am really struggling with the interface generally as it is not intuitive. I see there are lots of threads from the last few years that ask for this feature, but it still doesn’t appear to be available - any update?

Thanks!

To the Forum team

This definitely needs doing as continuing with the mini guide is not good

freeview goes back to the page of the Guide I was watching and I pay nothing for this

Come on Virgin us customers are paying you millions so getting this feature in settings is not a lot to ask for

ESPECIALLY NOW WE HAVE LOST UKTV CHANNELS AND GOT RUBBISH CHANNELS INSTEAD - that's not just my view its the comments the Retentions team are getting from many unhappy customers

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I said - this minor inconvenience is not going to change, although I accept you consider it important.

BTW All of the UKTV channels are back.