cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen with serious fault

bigtel127
Joining in

MY Tivo box keeps coming up wirth a green screeen and a message saying there was a serious fault and it will take up to three hours to fix. This is not hte first time this has happended and coupled with the ongoing fault of the picture and sound freezing on playback which the engieer said he fixed but clearly has not.

What more can I do? I am paying soemthing like £100 per month to Virgin to have this service. I requested a new box before but notihng, Sky is looking favourable.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bigtel127 

Sorry to see you are having major issues with your TIVO.

It sounds like you have the green screen of death and will need a box replacement.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone unfortunately.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support

Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Forum Staff may pick up your issue here, but it might be a day or two..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bigtel127, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your TiVo box. I've taken a look into this using your forum info and it looks like you were able to follow newapollo's helpful advice and get things sorted.

If you encounter any more problems or we can help with anything else please let us know.

Tom