cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen TiVo box

Tony1960
Joining in

Green screen TiVo box, no tv at all, several reboots still gives me a green screen, DVR, serious problems, etc. Rebooted everything and no better. Called 150 no reply until office hours, from other posts looks like I need a new box? Rubbish support and service as usual from Virgin. Loyal customer for ten years and never had a good service or any loyalty shown, pay a fortune per month and don’t have any tv, etc.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tony1960,

That sounds very much like the green screen of death and you will need a replacement box. You need to call 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select the Faults option.  It's best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues,(9am to 10am Sundays)  or late afternoon around tea time

As to being a loyal customer for 10 years you really should be calling VM when your contract is due for renewal and see if you can negotiate a new deal in return for a new 18 month contract. 

You've posted in the TIVO forum so I'm assuming you don't have a V6 box which is an improvement on the TIVO. If you also have VM broadband you should try and ask for a free box swap to the V6 if you do negotiate a new contract. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm reluctant to jump in with a "me too" type answer, but there's a couple of points that are possibly worth adding here. newapollo has already covered the obvious, that the green "DVR has detected an error" green screen means a box replacement - VM fault reporting opens at 8am and you should be able to have that sorted now.

You've alluded to "paying a fortune for ten years", I'd recommend having a play with the build a bundle checker for whatever combination of services you have, to see how prices compare now. It's the standard pricing you're interested in, and ignore the references to the 360 which is primarily for new customers. However...

Assuming you have VM broadband (which is a requirement), you could certainly try to get a V6 box-swap as part of a new 18month contract deal and a small discount on that standard pricing. It uses the same, newer box, as the 360 but crucially runs the exact same software and user-interface as what you're used to..just with a few extra bits like 6 recording tuners and much quicker general operation. A 360 would be a whole other discussion, but a V6 swap would undoubtedly be a good "upgrade" solution to your TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tony1960
Joining in

V6 box, green screen Friday, managed to reboot and got limited service Saturday, Sunday green screen again! Monday no broadband and still green screen. Called VM and they said Broadband down till around 6pm. No warning about this, so couldn’t work all day! Asked about V6 problems but they couldn’t help until maintenance/ outage had been sorted at 6pm. Called back at 6.30pm and they will send an engineer Wednesday so no tv, etc till Wednesday, if fixed. Why couldn’t they just send a v6 next day, obviously the problem! But no. Pay a fortune a month been with VM Ten years no loyalty at all, always had rubbish service, why? Lodged as a complaint and told around 30 days someone will call regarding complaint ! 30 days, come on! My problems with VM don’t stop there, not time to list them all! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tony1960 

I've combined your new post with your previous thread.

When you call VM, it's quite common & entirely right, that certain faults can't be progressed if there's an existing area issue. However... when the issue is clearly separate, agents should have discretion to override that and arrange the necessary engineer visit/replacement box. That's evidently not worked in this case and I'm happy to escalate this post to VM forum staff if necessary, to get them to arrange what the telephone staff seem unable to. That should mean you'll get a response quicker than you otherwise would... but it will likely be tomorrow.

However.... is this a TiVo or a V6? You've referred to both. If you want to check - do so here . If the staff team pick this up, they'll likely want to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Apologies to all, got confused it’s a V6 box.

Many thanks for replies, sorry for lengthy post, had to get it off my chest! 😂😂

Hi there @Tony1960 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear about these issues you have faced with us, it sounds incredibly frustrating and I am so sorry it has been a difficult experience for you! 

Thank you to @newapollo and @japitts for their advise and assistance! I have had a look at your account and I can now see that you have an engineer appointment booked. Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this appointment? 

Thank you.