Menu
JasHes33
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Green "DVR has detected a serious problem" screen after MASSIVE Slowdown

Tivo not working and displaying green screen with serious problem message. Two days ago, we lost the programme guide and Netflix account logged out. 

Reported thsi to Virgin this morning (Saturday) and earliest an engineer can come to fix is next Thursday, 5 days away! Are they serious? So no TV for 6 days bu they also wont give me a credit for no TV until its fixed. 

Unbelievable service. Are BT and Sky this poor? I doubt it so am calling them to see what they can offer. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Green "DVR has detected a serious problem" screen after MASSIVE Slowdown

quite normal. one of my old work colleagues was moaning the other week after their bt broadband went down. 9 day wait to get fixed.

you should be able to get a pro rata refund on loss of service.
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JasHes33,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your service and I apologise for the delay in getting a technician out to you.

I've located your account and I can see the team have applied a credit to cover the loss of service. Let me know if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kittenwoman
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im having the same DVR problem.. Called customer service. 2 days wait for engineer , which isn't so bad as have tv in another room which is working.. To get a new Tivo box. Its only months old...

0 Kudos
rachel82
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yet again my tivo is showing the green screen of death. How come another hard drive has failed after only a couple of years of use?

For the amount I pay for your service this is unacceptable! Yet again I will lose everthing that has been recorded on the box. What is the point of offering so much storage when you lose it all to sub standard equipment.

Virgin Media has really gone down the pan over the last few years and will not be remaining a customer for much longer

Rachel

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel,

I'm really sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your TiVo.

I've located your account and I can see you've already discussed this with our team. Let us know if there's anything else we can do.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos