Menu
chris361
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Freezing screen on recordings

Hi, 

My screen keeps randomly freezing on playback. It seems to be getting worse with the picture stuck for up to minute at a time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freezing screen on recordings

Hi chris361,

Welcome to the community.

I'd just like to check how things have been since your post?

If it's the same then which Virgin box are you experiencing freezing pictures?

I'd also recommend checking all cables are secure at the back of the box as this can cause issues with the picture.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chris361
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have checked all the cables and they all are secure, it is the main box in our lounge where the problem is, we don’t use our other box for recording or catchup. It is still happening on a random basis, very annoying!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris361

I'm sorry for the continued problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your most recent post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chris361
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We have noticed that it freezes when you fast forward ie: to skip adverts whether watching recorded programmes or on catch up, if you watch at normal speed it appears to work OK. Obviously the main advantage of watching recordings is to skip the ads but with the constant freezing it becomes very frustrating.

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Chris

I'd like to arrange for someone to come and take a closer look at this from your end, if you're available? 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos