Menu
DogDeluxe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Favourite Channels and Channel Package ONLY Display

Hi All,

Is there anyway to stop TiVo defaulting back to showing 'All Channels'?
It's sooo annoying having to constantly change back to showing my favourites, as TiVo seems to automatically default back to showing all channels after a short period of time.

It would also be great to have the option just to show the channels in your package.

I can only think it's a marketing thing to try and get you to add more channels, which is highly annoying given I'm paying the best part of £800 a year for Virgin Media services!

I know this was asked on here several years ago, but wondered if anything had changed...

Thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Favourite Channels and Channel Package ONLY Display

Hi Unfortunately no.Regards Micky
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@DogDeluxe wrote:

It would also be great to have the option just to show the channels in your package.

I can only think it's a marketing thing to try and get you to add more channels, which is highly annoying given I'm paying the best part of £800 a year for Virgin Media services!

I know this was asked on here several years ago, but wondered if anything had changed...

Thanks

No, it won’t change. The channel guide is VMs “shop window”, & is there to show people what they could subscribe too. Channel owners now sometimes pay for their EPG slot numbers & want them to be seen on the guide. The same goes for all the other pay TV providers.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

DogDeluxe
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Such a shame - If it did it daily, that would be OK, but to constantly reset is just annoying!

Maybe there's a hidden backdoor trick to it Smiley Frustrated

Anyhow... Thanks for your replies!!!

0 Kudos
palmyra08
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is the user interface from hell, and it is beyond me how something so fundamentally flawed can be marketed. 

There is NO logic on this planet that would define a use case behaviour that 1. reverts back to a nonsensical default AFTER user selects the preference countless times,  2. reverts back to a nonsensical default that lists all the unavailable channels just to clutter up the screen and make endless scrolling a must. 

And have you counted how many clicks it takes to alter something as DIRECT and BASIC as pre-existing recording selection/setting for a show? How many clicks it takes to cancel a previously selected recording?

But not even go that deep: how are the buttons of absolutely closely inter-related functionality placed on the remote?

It is an absolute marvel of utterly, and this is a very mild word for it, idiotic design for UX (user experience) - or, more aptly put, design against UX. 

I have NEVER, and I speak as software architect, seen anything like this in my entire life before I had the "joy" of the Tivo "unique in the world" experience. 

DogDeluxe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...that's the non-polite version of what I was saying Smiley LOL

0 Kudos