cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Samsung box

Tomi53
Joining in

TV picture distorted and pixelating. Had 2 Technicians out both ordered a CISCO box as a replacement because they  said SAMSUNG box doesn't work now on the Virgin TV  new signal band width! First box they sent was another SAMSUNG! and was worse than the original! So another technician was sent out and also diagnosed that I needed a new CISCO box and he ordered it in front of me Iover the phone to his BOSS last Tuesday. I am still waiting for the CISCO box to arrive! The technitian gave me his mobile number to ring if it hadn't arrive within 48 hours. He doesn't answer or return my calls. Its impossible to get in touch with anyone who can follow this up for me. If I ring the call centre number they will just send another technician!!!!!!  I don't know who to contact to get it properly sorted. Any suggestions. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixelated pictures are usually a signal issue rather than a box issue. On the broadcast TV side all TiVO boxes are the same spec, so there should be no difference between the Samsung & Cisco equivalents. The only difference with the later Cisco’s is possibly a better modem. But this would only affect on demand & streamed content, not the TV channels themselves.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reply above covers all that I would say, except to add...

"If I ring the call centre they will just send another technician" which is exactly the correct (and required) course of action here. Either that, or wait for the forum staff to do the same.

But either way - it's a tech visit you need. You're not paying for them, but you are paying for a working service. If multiple boxes have given the same problem, then there's a distinct possibility the problem is somewhere else - maybe in your cabling somewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Tomi53

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your TV service. I'll look to investigate this for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate the account and pass some account security questions with you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley