Menu
Kg4
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fast Forwarding

Are certain programmes configured so you can’t fast forward through parts of it without causing problems? I recorded Vanity Fair on ITV, I’ve finally got round to watching it but the two episodes I’ve watched jump to a random part in the episode if you try and fast forward through the adverts and you can’t then get back to the point in the programme where left off. The only way to overcome it is to start from the very beginning and rewatch the first bit all over again. It’s so annoying! I wondered if this is a way they force you to watch the adverts?

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fast Forwarding

No, sounds like some kind of recording error or hard disk issues. I assume other recording are ok?

0 Kudos
Kg4
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It just seemed strange that the first two episodes I’ve sat down to watch have both had the same problem?! I could understand a one off but it just seemed like a bit of a coincidence...

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've seen this behaviour on Catch Up/On Demand many of times but if it's happening on recorded programmes then there's an issue with your hard drive as already suggested.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Kg4 and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing an issue when fast forwarding.

I can confirm there is no built in feature with any of our boxes that would prevent you from fast-forwarding through advertisements.

Should this still be happening for you it may indicate there's an issue with the set top box itself which we'd recommend getting in touch with our faults team about for further investigation.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 2. Lines are open 7 days a week between 8am and midnight.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos