cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor service

Garry2749
Tuning in

How can this company still operate with such poor customer service. These Indian call centers are atrocious.  How dose a communication company use a 3rd world country who's telephone lines keep constantly disconnecting. Any body ever managed to speak to a English speaking representative. 

21 REPLIES 21

@Garry2749 wrote:

If I don't stop DD these clowns are gonna keep on taking money.  Can't allow that, as there's no help from the call centres. It's a case of now wait till they contact us. Hopeful it will be an English speaking agent.

We feel your pain over VM's poor customer service, but, first up nobody will call you.  Non-payment simply makes the computer systems place your account into the bad debt process, add late payment charges, crap on your credit history and pass the total on to a debt collection agency.  Second up, you've been given some very good advice here and you're ignoring it.  Those people have taken the time to try and help you with the original problem, to explain that you need to follow due process and not cancel payments without cancelling the agreement, even some great advice on how the courts might regard aspects of this matter.

It doesn't matter to me, but for your own sake, go back, read what others have suggested, and consider what you can do now.  And phone Citizens Advice helpline, I think you need some good impartial advice on the nature of your dispute.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Garry2749 wrote:

I agree there buggers, our contract run out years ago

And just to add to the excellent advice in the last couple of posts, two things that any self-respecting solicitor and indeed court judge will expect of you are..

1: Your facts are straight and consistent - see my quote above, and in post#9 of this thread you mention "Tivo packed up in June". If you had working TV service in June, then you had a service contract with VM at that time.

2: You have exhausted all other avenues before resorting to legal action - notably this included using any arbitration or ADR scheme that is open to you. In VM's case, this means CISAS - details are on the link.

As others have said but I will repeat - frustration with CS is entirely understandable in some cases. But there's a right way to go about resolving issues, and emotion rarely features in that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks