cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External cable damaged - no TiVo service

cpullen
Tuning in

Hi,

My TiVo box is not working and I have an error code S101. I checked all connections and discovered that an external cable has damage to it and has been cut. 

I called Virgin Media to report this and book an engineer. The phone call painstakingly lasted nearly an hour and despite my initial report I was still expected to carry out tests to check for a service problem. The TiVo is not connected due to the damaged wire so of course eventually it was discovered that there is a problem. I was then transferred to another team but told everyone was busy in that department and the repair would be automatically fixed or someone would call me back if they needed further information. 

Over a month later no-one has called, no engineer has turned up been and I am still being billed for a TiVo service I am not receiving. 

Virgin Media, please resolve this issue for me and arrange for an engineer to be booked, it’s a 5 minute job!

I would also like a credit added to my account please for the full month that the service hasn’t been provided.

Many thanks,

Claire 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cpullen,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you have had some issues with your service. Unfortunately, our Auto Comp Scheme does not cover TV as its not an essential service so you would not be eligible for credits, sorry.  I can certainly arrange a technician visit for you to come and get things sorted. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can get this booked.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have known for over a month they didn't follow up or fix your TV service.

Get on the phone to 150 and get them to fix it.

Virgin Media is awful at the customer service part but you have a responsibility to report and persue fixes.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cpullen,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you have had some issues with your service. Unfortunately, our Auto Comp Scheme does not cover TV as its not an essential service so you would not be eligible for credits, sorry.  I can certainly arrange a technician visit for you to come and get things sorted. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can get this booked.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @Ayisha_B,

Thank you for your helpful response. I’ve sent you a PM. 

Many thanks,

Claire

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for confirming the details as requested via PM @cpullen

I have booked the first available appointment for you. Please log into your online account for confirmation of the time and date. If unsuitable, you will be given the option to re-schedule here.

Let us know how the visit goes 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you so much @Ayisha_B, much appreciated 🙂

Hi @Ayisha_B,

The engineer has been, replaced the damaged wires and I now have a working TiVo (V6) box. 

Thank you so much for organising this so efficiently and quickly, so very much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Claire

Hi cpullen

Thanks for coming back to us.

It's great to hear it's all sorted 🙂

Do pop back if you ever need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill