cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error codes W30 and V53

MrsP49
Tuning in

Hi,

We have these error codes on a few channels on our Tivo box.  Done all the usual things, reboot and checked all the wires but still happening.

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for clarity, what are "all the usual things"? And is W30 definitely the code - not W02?

V53 can often be an internet connectivity issue, and on the TiVo this is inbuilt.

Do you have any flashing green LEDs on the front left of your box? What are the specific channels you're having this problem with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, sorry, W02. Usual things like Rebooting and checking all the wires. Some sky movie channels are missing, Eurosport 2 and a few others. Can't name them all. No flashing lights on the front of the box at all

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a loss of signal error, so the same advice applies here as to any pixellation query.

If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need an engineer visit, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. Also TiVo's are no longer replaced but are now swapped out for the much improved V6 - it runs the same software but on a newer box that uses your VM home broadband.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @MrsP49 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the TV. You are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). 

The fault number is F010356817 for your records. 

The estimated fix date is the 11th February. 

Please monitor the services after this time and report back if you need further help.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Amazing, thanks for your help.