Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Error code S101

I can't restart my boxes after error code W02 it now gives error code S101 and the loading is stuck at 16%. Can any one on this Forum help ? I get no help from Virgin; thinking of going back to Sky!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code S101

I know you've posted this in the V6 section, but do you definitely have a V6 and not a TiVo? Check here if you're not sure 

I only ask because the TiVo has its internet & TV connection inbuilt down the same cable, the V6 needs two separate physical connections - one for TV, the other to your homehub for internet.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s101 & https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 these are indicating issues with your incoming connections.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They are Tivo boxes. The error still persists. I have contacted VM via phone, they havn't resolved the issue so I have been refered to the IT dept. who may or may not resolve the problem in a day or two.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I fear the IT department line may be an excuse to have got you off the phone, but without having heard the conversation it's hard to comment too much.

If you have a TiVo, there's really not much troubleshooting can be realistically done. On the front-left of the box there's 3 green lights, second from left has a "heartbeat" symbol next to it and is your "online" light indicating the status of the box. This should be solidly on, but I wouldn't be surprised in your case if it's flashing.

If so... that's a clear box/network fault and if the agent can't solve that while you're on the phone, an engineer visit or box replacement are the only sensible outcomes. If the online light is on, and the issue still persists, there may be more to this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Didn't realise it was in the V6 group!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@bobbutler wrote:

Didn't realise it was in the V6 group!! 

Not to worry, I've moved it. Only ask because the V6 doesn't have internet built in unlike the TiVo, so sometimes the diagnostics & advice can differ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So what do I do to rectify the problem? I've being reading other posts in the forum on the subject and it doesn't bode well. Are they faulty boxes that need to be replaced?

Bob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As I've posted above, pretty much.

There may be the odd time when an internal IT issue needs to be resolved, but in 99% of cases that a faults agent can't resolve this sort of error, an engineer visit (or box replacement) is usually the appropriate outcome.

If all else fails, the engineer can attempt activation themselves and then replace the box if and when it fails.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobbutler,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the Tv boxes. 

I have taken a look on our side and we do need to investigate this further. 

I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

The issue has been resolved by an engineer coming out and rectifying a slipshod installation. He found a loose connection in the inlet boxes (which weren't screwed to the wall during the installation, something I had not noticed until after the installer had gone!!). However the engineer who came on Sunday did a very good job -connected the loose wires in the inlet boxes and screwed them both to the nearby walls. Both boxes have give no trouble since that time.

I'm sorry it takes so long to find a person in the company that solve the problem.

0 Kudos