cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 602 on a Tivo

Mike551
Joining in

Hi,

I see there are many other similar questions but wanted to log mine. On TVOD we get a number of errors which result in programmes failing, mostly they can be restarted after the system reloads (eg C130). Quite often the programme fails but with a 602 error which then repeats every time we attempt to restart it, even with a machine reboot. This can go on for several hours or even until the next day.

I see from the discussions that this could be a Tivo box problem, next time it happens I will also look to see if the green light under the heart changes.

The Tivo is at least 5 years old so I wonder if it is just time to change it but it is impossible to figure out who to ask for this.

I am not hopeful that this question will get a clear answer but wanted to register the issue and at least try to resolve.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've potentially got a couple of things here...

1: You've alluded to this, but....the TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection, and many issues with the "online" functions (which includes OnDemand) are caused by this modem failing without your realising. On the front-left of the box are 3 green lights, the middle one has a painted heart symbol next to it and represents the online connection. Solidly on is good, flashing means the onboard modem has failed - and is a fault.

2: If you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) then the newer V6 box runs the same software as the TiVo you're used to, but on much newer more capable hardware with some extras (6 recording tuners rather than 3, and a few others). If you've had your current package a while, it may be worth doing an audit of your whole TV/broadband bundle (there's ways & means here) and consider a move to a newer, more cost-effective package - and try to negotiate a box-swap to a V6 as part of the deal.

Reporting faults can be done either via the telephone route (150 from VM, 0345 4541111 otherwise) or by waiting (might be a couple of days) on here.

If you want to pursue the package re-grade route, then do your digging around (have a play with the bundle builder to get an idea of pricing for a comparable package to what you have), and then you'll need to call in - forum staff can't do package changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. It confirms some of what I thought and the info on how to replace the box is useful. I will look at the green lights as you suggest.

I will probably wait a day or two as you suggest rather than take the 150 route for now. My experiences with calling VM have been terrible in the past year or two.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mike551,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your TiVo box.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team