Menu
edeefish08
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error c130

Both TV and broadband are working fine. Receiving all channels as we scroll through them. However, no program information is available and TiVo is not recording. “Error c130” is showing on the “My Shows” page. I’ve checked all cables, all are securely in place. I’ve tried resetting the box, but that doesn’t work. In previous threads, it looks like Virgin Media has sent some magic signals to customers’ boxes to resolve the issue. Can anyone do this for me? Issue has been ongoing for several days now. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error c130

Which TV box do you have - is the TiVo (with inbuilt internet connection) or the V6 (that connects to your home hub)? The advice does differ slightly, depending which one.

In either case - if your TV service is degraded to the extent it is... you may be waiting upto a few more days for the forum team to respond. If you call into C/S, they should be able to resolve this (or arrange an engineer visit if necessary) immediately.

0 Kudos
edeefish08
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Actually it is the V6 box, not the TiVo box. I have tried to call 3 times — twice I got disconnected and once I was on hold for 20 minutes and still could not get connected, so decided to try this forum for help! I’ve also tried the chat feature and someone said “will have the technical team contact you immediately” but no one ever continued the chat or contacted me otherwise. At this point, what should I do?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So the V6 box relies on a connection to your broadband hub for its internet connection and that could also be causing this, others on here are more familiar with that box than I am.

Assuming it's not an issue between your box and the Hub, you can either wait (could be a few days) for a forum staffer to pick this up, or you can persist in waiting for the faults team to answer the phone.

0 Kudos
edeefish08
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I don’t believe there’s any issue between the box and the hub or with the hub itself. Will try to wait for further forum assistance. I know it may take longer, but frankly, I don’t have huge blocks of time to be on the phone or any remaining patience if I get disconnected! 🙂

0 Kudos